At Armadale Fitness and Aquatic Centre our Swim School accepts enrolments all year round with lessons tailored to each individual students allowing for quick progression through levels. We also offer free Swim School assessments. All of our Swim School instructors are AUSTSWIM or Swim Australia accredited with current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Working with Children Check qualifications.
At the centre we offer Royal Lifesaving Society endorsed Swim School levels.
For just $30 a fortnight our Swim School Membership offers:
- 30 minute lesson per week by a qualified Instructor.
- Limited class sizes to ensure that effective teacher student relationships are formed.
- Entry for the child and one parent to enter the pool hall 7 days a week.
Swim School Pricing
Swim School Membership
Active Bubs classes (6 months - 3 years)
Active Tots classes (3 - 5 years)
Active Stages classes (5+ years)
|$30 fortnightly direct debit|
|Active Adults (30 min group lesson)||$34 fortnightly direct debit|
|Private (30 min lesson)||$46|
|Active Abilities (30 min lesson) - Conditions apply||$25|
(6 months - 3 years)
Held in our heated program pool, this 30 minute class provides the essential skills needed to enter our pre-school program. Classes will comprise of fun songs and interactive games, which promote safe and collaborative play.
(3 Years - 5 Years)
Our Pre-School levels are closely aligned with the Royal Life Swim and Survive program ensuring that students seamlessly transition into our comprehensive School Age program. Students will develop water familiarisation and confidence independently through the use of aquatic aids, interactive and exciting equipment. Progression of formal stroking develops within these stages to ensure that students are able to swim independently without the use of equipment and parental support.
(5 years and up)
Our School Age Swim School program is Royal Life Saving WA endorsed encompassing swimming strokes such as Freestyle, Backstroke, Survival Backstroke, Breaststroke, Sidestroke and Butterfly.
(Active Stages 8+)
Our Active Squads program focuses on maintaining fitness and swimming skills. The program is designed to provide a pathway into competitive swimming.
Active Abilities/Private Lessons
Private lessons can be arranged and are dependent on pool space and instructor availability.
It’s never too late to brush up on your swimming skills and water safety. At Armadale Fitness and Aquatic Centre we offer adult lessons, which include water familiarisation, stroke progression, distance swimming as well as drills and skills to improve techniques.
KidSport is a program administered by the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries which makes it possible for eligible children to participate in community sport by offering up to $150 per calendar year towards club fees. AFAC's Active Armadale Swim School is a registered KidSport club under the newer KidSwim category.
Eligible children must be:
- Aged between 5 and 18 years of age
- Listed on a valid Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card
To use KidSport funding for Active Armadale Swim School you need to:
- Apply to KidSport – visit www.kidsport.dlgsc.wa.gov.au
- Once you're approved, KidSport will send you a voucher code. Please forward this voucher code to email@example.com
- Enrol in the Active Armadale Swim School. If you are already enrolled, you don’t need to do anything at this point
- Kidsport funding will be applied to your child’s enrolment, as a credit, once we have received payment from KidSport. Please allow up to 7 business days from when you send us the voucher code for the credit to be applied
Are you ready to make a splash at Armadale Fitness and Aquatic Centre’s Swim School?